Open Position: Pastor of Student Ministries
Legacy Bible Church (LBC) is seeking a full-time pastoral staff member who would serve as Pastor of Student Ministries (70%) and Children’s Ministries Administrator (30%). LBC is a 5 ½ year old congregation consisting of 200 members and a weekly Sunday morning attendance averaging 300. LBC was founded upon a commitment to time-honored, traditional worship and sound Biblical preaching and teaching. As such, LBC worship is facilitated through the traditional elements of a choir, orchestra, and the singing of hymns and sacred music.
LBC has demonstrated consistent growth over the course of its short history, so much so that ground has been broken on a new church building in Fishers, Indiana. Completion is expected in the summer of 2021. While the median age of the current composition of the LBC congregation skews to an older demographic, the new church home will be surrounded by several large subdivisions. As such, LBC is keenly aware of the need to offer programs for both youth and children so as more effectively minister to the needs of its new community and neighbors. This is a unique opportunity for an individual to build a youth ministry from the ground up, as well as to provide leadership to the development of children’s ministry programming.
The pastoral position that LBC seeks to fill ideally would begin March 1, 2021, though the intent is to secure this position with a chosen candidate by the end of January 2021. The successful candidate will possess well developed interpersonal skills to positively influence students, adult leaders, and parents as well as proven ministry skills to implement a discipleship ministry with Junior High, Senior High, and College age students. Previous experience in student ministry is required, with staff experience as Youth Pastor or Student Ministries Pastor preferred. The candidate must demonstrate a proven record in connecting with students, communicating with parents, and equipping adult leaders for ministry. The applicant should have earned at least a bachelor’s degree with some formal Bible training from a conservative theological Bible college or seminary. LBC is made up of members representing broad evangelical backgrounds and unity is highly prized. That said, the applicant must agree with LBC’s Doctrinal Statement and with the beliefs and practices of our church as outlined in LBC’s bylaws.
The applicant must demonstrate the qualities of church leadership required by the New Testament, especially those laid down by Peter and Paul in their epistles. LBC requires that its leaders live in accordance with humility, harmony, competence, diligence, strength, biblical standards of morality, and sound doctrine as set forth in the New Testament. The applicant must strive to be a servant leader in serving Christ, the congregation, and the community.
The successful applicant will exhibit confident leadership through humility, with a strong vision for reaching and discipling students. The applicant should be a supportive team player and encouraging team builder in modeling and teaching others to follow Christ. The applicant also must demonstrate competency in basic administrative skills.
For more information about LBC, browse our website, especially our Mission Statement and Statement of Faith
The Pastor of Student Ministries and Children’s Ministries Administrator is responsible for evangelism, discipleship, fellowship, and leadership development of Jr. High, Sr. High, and College students, as well as the creation of children’s ministries programming and administrating facilitation of children’s ministries leadership. The candidate chosen to fill this position will be directly accountable to the Senior Pastor while also coordinating ministries with other adult leaders, administrative staff members, and parents.
Student Ministries Pastor
- Model personal evangelism through student and adult contacts in his/her daily life as a follower of Jesus.
- Coordinate and develop curriculum materials for student Bible studies and leadership development.
- Provide biblical teaching and practical training for students to feed themselves spiritually through Bible study methods and spiritual disciplines.
- Reach unbelieving students in the geographic area around LBC with the gospel of salvation through faith in Jesus Christ alone.
- Equip and challenge students to engage in personal evangelism and invite friends to student ministry events.
- Challenge students to discover their spiritual gifts and ministry and develop an effective leadership team of adult student staff and parent leaders.
- Organize and schedule regular youth group activities with students, student ministry leaders, and parents.
- Recruit and equip adult teachers and leaders qualified to serve on the student ministry team.
- Initiate and facilitate special events and mission trips where students have an opportunity to share the Gospel.
- Connect and integrate students in the youth group with others in the LBC congregation by providing opportunities where each student is known, cared for, and encouraged in their spiritual journey. Students should serve and be served as part of the church family.
- Provide fellowship opportunities for students, adult leaders, and parents that are both relational and recreational.
- Contact students off the church campus (schools, football games, concerts, etc..) as appropriate.
Children’s Ministries Administrator
- In conjunction with the Senior Pastor, establish and carry out a vision for the development of a robust children’s ministry.
- Provide strategic and organizational leadership for the administration of children’s ministries.
- Provide leadership in recruiting and working with coordinators, teachers and volunteers to facilitate all children church activities and programs.
- Organize and manage parent volunteering system for various children’s church activities and programs, including the maintaining of children’s ministry volunteer and substitute-volunteer calendars.
- Conduct and/or oversee all administrative tasks to ensure smooth running and operational excellence in children’s ministry.
- Actively pursue continuing education through the study of various materials, and/or attending conferences/classes that would strengthen and grow children’s ministries.
Additional Staff Responsibilities
- Meet regularly with pastoral staff for coordination of overall church ministries.
- Provide regular reports of Student and Children’s Ministry activities to the Elders and attend called leadership meetings.
- Submit an annual Student and Children’s Ministry budgets to the Finance Committee and supervise expenditures.
- Oversee, disburse, and reconcile expenditures from approved ministry budgets.